Preheat oven to 375F. In bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate pieces.
In another bowl, mix together egg, grated Zucchini, applesauce, milk, oil and syrup. Gently add wet mixture
to flour mixture, stirring until combined. Grease 12-muffin tin. Add batter. Bake for about 30 minutes or until
lightly browned and cooked throughout.
Makes 12 muffins.
*NOTE: Brand names are available at Sunflower Natural Foods.
- 1½ cup BOB'S RED MILL unbleached pastry flour
- ½ cup BOB'S RED MILL whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated Zucchini
- 1 cup VERMONT VILLAGE unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 to 3 tablespoons Maple syrup