Fig Chocolate Cookies
- ¾ cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup apple, chopped, with skins intact
- ½ cup MILLER ORCHARDS (Vermont) organic apple cider
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon BOB'S RED MILL organic unbleached white flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ARM & HAMMER baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon apple cider
- good dark chocolate, chopped, to taste
In saucepan, combine figs, raisins, apple, and half cup of apple cider. Bring to gentle boil. Reduce heat and cook at low temperature, covered, for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let sit covered until cooled. Place mixture into bowl.
Combine flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to fruit mixture. Mix well.
Combine eggs and 1 teaspoon cider. Add to batter. Also add chocolate. Mix well. Drop by tablespoon full onto oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes, or until light golden.
Makes 24 cookies.