Black Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can EDEN organic black beans
- 4 to 5 ounces GAYLORD FARM, Waitsfield, Vermont, ground beef
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
In large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, and carrots. Sauté until lightly cooked. Add ground beef to vegetable mixture and fry until the ground beef is cooked. Place all ingredients into a crock pot or double boiler. Add one can of beans, including the liquid. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook til heated and flavors are well blended together. Garnish with grated cheese if desired.
Serves 3 to 4.