Cornbread Muffins Baked With Jam
- 1 cup BOB'S RED MILL organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup BOB'S RED MILL organic cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup BUTTERWORKS organic plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 to 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener (optional)
- 3 tablespoons CABOT or VERMONT BUTTER & CHEESE butter, melted and cooled
- BIONATURAE, CASCADIAN, or ST. DALFOUR jam, to taste
- fruit juice or good water, if needed if batter is too stiff
Preheat oven to 350F. In bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg, optional sweetener, and cooled butter. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add fruit juice or good water if batter is too stiff. Grease muffin tin. Add half batter and then some jam into the middle of the muffins, and/or you can place some jam onto the muffin tops. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins are cooked throughout. For a savory version, omit sweetener and jam.
Makes 7 to 8 muffins.