Japanese New Year's Soba Noodles
- 4 oz. EDEN buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut or other frying oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 2 scallions, cut on diagonal, same length as carrots
- 1 slice of fresh ginger, size of a nickel, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- approximately 1 tablespoon SPECTRUM organic sesame oil
- tofu, chicken, egg, pork, as desired
- red pepper flakes
- scallions, chopped
- sesame seeds
Prepare soba noodles. Rinse with cold water, and set aside. In wok or frying pan, heat peanut oil and lightly fry carrot, scallions, ginger and garlic. Add soba noodles, and stir gently until mixture is warm. Add sesame oil to taste. Also tasty with tofu, chicken, egg, or pork. Garnish with red pepper flakes, scallions and sesame seeds.
Serves 2 to 3.