Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 ½ cups BOB'S RED MILL whole wheat flour
- ½ cup BOB'S RED MILL unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons RUMFORD aluminum-free baking powder
- ? teaspoon salt
- rolled oats, as needed
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup BUTTERWORKS FARM plain yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ? cup good water
- TIERRA FARM organic chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F. In mixing bowl, sift together flours, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix together mashed banana, yogurt, egg and water. Make a well at center of dry mixture. Add banana mixture and chocolate chips. Stir until blended and the dough is firm but not dry. Add more water, flour or some oats as needed. On floured surface, shape the dough into a round, flattish mound. Cut into 8 triangular portions. Dust each scone with flour on all sides. Bake on greased baking sheet for about half an hour or until scones are lightly browned.
Makes 8 scones.