Garbanzo Wheat Burgers
- ¼ cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can EDEN Organic Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, or chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- a bit of cayenne pepper
- freshly-ground pepper
- whole wheat flour for coating burgers
- oil for frying burgers
Place bulgur in bowl and cover with boiling water for 30 minutes. Combine softened bulgur with remaining ingredients (above first line) in blender or food processor. Add flour so that the mixture is not too sticky and it can be handled. Form mixture into burgers using a half cup measure. Coat burgers with flour. Refrigerate for an hour or until ready to cook. Fry burgers in oil on medium heat. Cook until browned on each side.
Serves 5 to 6.