- 3 ¾ cup BOB'S RED MILL organic unbleached white flour
- ¼ teaspoon RED STAR dry baking yeast
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ to 2 cups good water, at room temperature
- 1 can MUIR GLEN organic tomato or pizza sauce
- ½ lb. MAPLEBROOK whole milk Vermont Mozzarrella cheese
- dried parsley, oregano, basil..added to tomato sauce
- pizza toppings as desired
In bowl, blend flour, yeast and salt. Add water and mix thoroughly until dough is smooth and not too sticky. Place dough onto floured surface and knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Shape into large round. Place in a floured bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for a day or two, depending on your schedule.
When ready to bake, place dough on floured board. Cut into four sections and shape each into section into a ball. Let rest at room temperature for about a half hour or so. Pre-heat oven and pizza stone to 500F. As oven heats, shape each dough ball into a pizza round, by using a rolling pin or your hands. Place on floured pizza peel or board. Lightly cover pizza rounds with tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings, as desired. Slide pizza rounds from peel onto pre-heated pizza stone. Bake until the bottoms of the pizzas are lightly browned.
Makes 4 small pizzas.