Zucchini Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon COLAVITA organic olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup PACIFIC organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, and marjoram
- about 1 cup KIMBALL BROOK organic milk
- CABOT cottage cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In soup pot, heat olive oil. Sauté zucchini, potato and onion in covered pot for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken or vegetable broth and cook until vegetables are soft but not mushy. Remove pot from heat. Add basil, thyme and marjoram. Place in blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Return soup to pot, add milk, and heat to serving temperature. Add more milk for a thinner soup. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve with cottage cheese.
Makes about 4 to 5 servings.