Carrot Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon COLAVITA organic olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups PACIFIC organic chicken bone broth OR
- 4 cups ORGANIC GOURMET vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, coarsely chopped
- dried oregano, parsley
- salt and pepper
In soup pot, gently heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until lightly cooked. Add chicken or vegetable broth, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Lower heat. Cook until the vegetables are soft. Using blender or food processor, purée mixture, a little at a time. Adjust amount of liquid used- depeding on soup thickness desired. Season with herbs, salt and pepper. Garnish with dried parsley. Serve with good crusty bread.
Serves 4 to 5.