Kale, Bean And Orzo Soup
- 1 tablespoon COLAVITA organic olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 to 5 cups of water or stock
- bunch of kale leaves (no stems), chopped
- 1 can EDEN organic Cannellini White Kidney Beans, drained
- about ? cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon SANTA CRUZ organic lemon juice
- about ½ can to 1 can MUIR GLEN organic diced tomatoes with juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ORGANIC VALLEY Parmesan cheese
- ELMORE MOUNTAIN, Vermont, crusty bread
In soup pot, heat olive oil and lightly sauté onion and garlic. Add water or stock, kale, beans, orzo, and rosemary. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until kale and orzo are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and diced tomatoes with juice, as desired. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with shavings of Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread. Soup is best after the flavors have aged over a few days.
Serves 4 to 5.