Leafy Greens Soup With Garlic Croutons
- 1 tablespoon COLAVITA organic olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- about 5 cups good water
- 1 to 2 potatoes, chopped
- about 5 oz. STAHLBUSH ISLAND FARMS organic frozen spinach
- about 3 handfuls of lettuce
- ORGANIC GOURMET vegetable bouillon cubes, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- croutons made with Vermont ELMORE MOUNTAIN BREAD, fresh garlic, and olive oil
In soup pot, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until lightly browned, stirring often. Add water. Bring to gentle boil. Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft but not mushy. Add spinach and lettuce. Cook for a few minutes. Turn off heat. Add vegetable cubes to taste. Stir. Let sit for awhile. Blend soup in blender or food processor until smooth. Add more water if needed. Season with pepper and salt. Serve with homemade garlic croutons.
Serves 4 to 5.