Pea Potato Soup
- 1 cup organic dried green split peas
- 2 cups good water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- ½ cube or to taste ORGANIC GOURMET vegetable bouillon, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- herbs as desired
In large bowl, soak peas in water overnight. Drain and rinse peas. Place in soup or crock pot. Add 2 cups of fresh water, garlic, tomato, potato, carrots and bouillon cube. Cook soup on low heat until peas are soft. (Note: While soup is cooking, check potatoes and carrots- if they soften before the peas, remove them, set aside and add back before serving.) Season with pepper and herbs to taste. Serve with crusty wheat bread and cheese.
Serves 4 to 5.