White Bean Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon COLAVITA organic olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 mediuim white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups PACIFIC FOODS organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can EDEN organic Cannellini beans, drained, with liquid set aside
- 2 to 3 cups fresh spinach leaves or STAHLBUSH ISLAND FARMS frozen equivalent
- 2 dry bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
In soup pot, heat olive oil. Add carrots and celery. Cover pot and cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic. Cover and cook for a few more minutes. Add chicken or vegetable broth, drained beans, spinach, bay leaves. Cook until heated throughout. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaves. Set some of the soup beans and vegetables aside. In blender or foor processor, purée the soup, adding more broth or bean liquid as needed. To serve, add some of the reserved vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serves 4 to 5.